The Digital Education Service has played a crucial role in delivering the University’s digital transformation strategy since 2020. After another fantastic year of positive developments and innovation for digitally-enhanced learning, the Service has published its second-ever Annual Report, celebrating recent progress and laying out future plans.
I am very proud to welcome you to the second annual report for the Digital Education Service. We hope this report will demonstrate some of the key achievements and successes delivered this past year, and provide insight into our strategic priorities and planned activity over the next year.
Megan Kime, Interim Head of Service
Over the last year, the Service has worked to elevate the student experience at Leeds, fostering partnerships and providing enhanced delivery of digital systems, tools and technologies to ensure that students benefit from an outstanding educational experience that is underpinned by innovative digital resources, pedagogies and technologies.
The breadth of activity reflected in this report is a testament to the diverse specialist teams that support and partner with academic and professional services at the University of Leeds. This is a strong foundation on which to build as the coming year will be remembered as pivotal as we strengthen our online and digital offer with accessible and inclusive courses offered through new ways of working for the benefit of our staff and the student experience.
Margaret Korosec, Dean of Online and Digital Education
Highlights of this year’s activity include:
- Graduation ceremonies and on-campus celebrations for our first-ever cohort of fully online alumni
- The launch of our third fully online degree programme in partnership with Leeds University Business School and the School of Earth and Environment
- Winning the Blackboard Anthology 2022 Catalyst Award in the ‘Leading Change’ category for upgrades to Minerva, the University’s core digital learning platform
- Collaborations with external partners across a variety of industries in the UK and beyond
- Exciting developments for the new Digital Learning Accelerator, coming soon to the Leeds University campus!